- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 12 smallish red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 8 oz vegan Italian sausage (I use Upton’s Italian seitan)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (or 1 bag frozen kale)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients, except cashews, water, and kale, in a large pot.
Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
Let simmer until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, place cashews and water in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
Add kale to pot.
Once kale has softened, add cashew cream and heat through.
Add salt and pepper, if necessary.
Serve with a nice big green salad.