Zucchini or Banana Bread (Vegan and Oil Free)
Servings 1 regular loaf or 4 mini loaves
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup grated zucchini or mashed banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce Omit if using banana.
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 1 regular loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans with unbleached parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and shredded zucchini to dry ingredients and fold until just mixed. Fold in any or all optional ingredients, if desired.
- Spoon batter into lined pan(s).
- Bake mini loaves for 30 minutes or 45-50 minutes for large loaf, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes in pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.