Zucchini or Banana Bread (Vegan and Oil Free)
Servings 1 regular loaf or 4 mini loaves
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup grated zucchini or mashed banana
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce Omit if using banana.
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 1 regular loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans with unbleached parchment paper.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add wet ingredients and shredded zucchini to dry ingredients and fold until just mixed. Fold in any or all optional ingredients, if desired.
Spoon batter into lined pan(s).
Bake mini loaves for 30 minutes or 45-50 minutes for large loaf, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let sit 10-15 minutes in pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.