- 1 cup wild and brown rice blend
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups chopped raw spinach (or 1 lb frozen)
- 2 or 3 green onions, chopped
Heat a pan over medium heat. Add rice and stir constantly until rice starts to smell (don’t let burn!). If adding wine, do so now so the alcohol evaporates. Add broth or water, poultry seasoning, and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and let cook until rice is done and all liquid has been absorbed, about 35-40 minutes. Add spinach and green onions and cook just until spinach is wilted.