Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons date sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined. Don't overwork the batter.
- Spoon batter onto a hot non-stick pan, about 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Flip when bottom is golden brown and bubbles have formed on top.
- Pancakes are done when both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with date syrup and chopped pecans or your favorite pancake toppings.
This recipe is a modified version of the recipe found at https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17036/pumpkin-pancakes/.