November 16, 2013
Whole Cranberry Sauce (Vegan, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Oil Free)
Categories : Condiment
Be creative! Grated horseradish, instead of ginger, is also fantastic!
Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh apple cider
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and ginger.
- Refrigerate until serving.