Servings 5 quarts
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- 1 piece kombu
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp salt free seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- approximately 4 quarts water
- Place all ingredients in a pressure cooker or stock pot. I have a 6 quart Instant Pot and place all ingredients in the pot, then fill with water to the max fill line.
- I set my Instant Pot to manual for 10 minutes. If cooking on the stove, cover and simmer at least an hour.
- Remove kombu and bay leaves and discard.
- Use an immersion blender (or put in a blender in batches, but be careful blending hot liquids).
- Pour into storage containers (I use mason jars) and let cool before refrigerating.