This sweet potato and carrot side dish makes a great component of any holiday meal.
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 carrots sliced (peel if not organic)
- 1 onion diced
- 12 dried apricots quartered
- 12 prunes
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Instant Pot or other pressure cooker:
- Place all ingredients in pot and set on manual for 3 minutes. 10 minutes NPR, then quick release.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan.
- Cover and simmer until sweet potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.