Truffled Macaroni and Cheese (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
- 1 lb whole wheat or gluten free pasta
- 1 lb vegetables broccoli, mushrooms, peas, etc., optional
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash pumpkin or 1 box silken tofu
- 2 teaspoon truffle sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
For the Topping (Optional):
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon truffle sea salt
- Cook pasta.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, combine pasta, sauce, and vegetables, if desired.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.