Tofu Scramble (Vegan, Gluten Free and Oil Free)
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp black salt (gives it an eggy flavor)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa (optional)
- 6 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 onion, diced (optional)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 cups raw spinach leaves (optional)
Saute onions, peppers, and mushrooms in a cast iron frying pan until soft.
Crumble tofu into a bowl and add nutritional yeast, salts, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, and black pepper. Stir until combined.
Cook over medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
Add salsa and vegetables, if desired, and heat through until onions are soft.