Tacos al Pastor
- 4 ounces Butler soy curls or 1 pound chopped cauliflower, sliced mushrooms, jackfruit, or other meat alternative
- 1 can pineapple tidbits drained, reserve 1/3 cup juice
- 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce or just 1 chile if you want less spice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 dates
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano or regular oregano
- Place soy curls (or other meat alternative) and pineapple tidbits in a sealable container. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour marinade over soy curls and pineapple. Let sit 8-24 hours.
- Pour into a large saucepan and simmer for 30 minutes. If using cauliflower, simmer just until crisp tender.
- Remove the soy curls and pineapple from the marinade and air fry or roast in 400 degree F oven until browned, 10-20 minutes.
- Serve in corn tortillas with remaining marinade, if desired, and your choice of toppings. I recommend pico de gallo or salsa, guacamole, shredded cabbage or lettuce, pickled onions, and/or cilantro.