Stuffed Zucchini (Vegan, Oil Free, Can be Gluten Free)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 zucchini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan substitute
- Combine vegetable broth or water, diced tomatoes, quinoa, onion, carrot, bell pepper, and Italian seasoning in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium low heat until all liquid has been absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the quinoa is ready, stir in the Parmesan substitute. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini halves and top with vegan cheese, if desired.
- Place in a baking dish. Spoon extra stuffing around the zucchini halves or bake in a separate dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.