Stuffed Pasta Shells (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells cooked according to directions on box (regular, whole wheat, or gluten free)
- 1 quart fat free pasta sauce
For the Filling
- 1 package extra firm tofu drained
- 1/3 Parmesan substitute
- 8 oz mushrooms I like cremini
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons of the filling and lay gently in the sauce lined baking dish.
- Once you have filled all of your pasta shells and placed them in the baking dish, pour the remaining pasta sauce evenly over the top of the stuffed shells.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, then bake an additional 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let sit 10 minutes, then serve with additional Parmesan substitute sprinkled on top, if desired.