October 11, 2017
Spicy Miso Ramen (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
Spicy Miso Ramen
For the Broth:
- 1 qt vegetable broth
- 2 cups non dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 piece kombu
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp chili garlic paste or to taste
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp miso paste I prefer 2 tbsp yellow miso and 2 tbsp red miso, but any miso is fine mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
For the toppings:
- I recommend any or all of the following or any vegetables you prefer:
- tofu sliced or cubed
- bean sprouts
- mushrooms sliced and sauteed
- green onions chopped
- Napa cabbage roughly chopped and blanched
- baby bok choy sliced and blanched
- carrots cut into matchsticks
- nori cut or torn into bite sized pieces
- sesame seeds
For the ramen noodles:
- 2 servings ramen noodles use gluten free noodles to make recipe gluten free
- Combine all broth ingredients, except miso paste and water, in a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook ramen noodles according to directions on package.
- Divide noodles and place in two large bowls.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Remove broth from heat, remove kombu, and stir in miso and water mixture.
- Pour over ramen noodles and toppings
- Serve immediately.