- 1 red onion diced
- 1 diced red bell pepper optional
- 1 can diced hot or mild green chilies 4 ounces
- 6+1 cups vegetable broth
- 4 medium thin skinned potatoes diced
- 3+1 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- 2 teaspoons salt free seasoning optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup raw cashews optional
- Combine all ingredients, except 1 cup of the broth, 1 cup of the corn, cashews and water, in a pressure cooker or large pot on the stove.
- Set the pressure cooker to 5 minutes or bring the pot to a boil and let simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, combine the 1 cup broth, 1 cup corn, and 1/2 cup cashews (if desired) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the soup and heat through until thickened.