Southern Cornbread (Vegan, Oil Free, Gluten Free)
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Put a cast iron skillet or greased backing dish in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine non-dairy milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in milk mixture until it makes a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into hot skillet or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.