Servings 4 people
- 8 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can salt free tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce I use the Happy Herbivore's recipe.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Saute mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion, until onions are soft.
- Add tomato paste and garlic and continue to saute until tomato paste is caramelized.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Serve on whole wheat buns.
Try serving on my whole wheat buns.