- 1 onion diced
- 1 lb tempeh cubed
- 8 oz mushrooms diced
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or other thickening agent
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- mashed potatoes made from 5 potatoes, small sweet potatoes, or a combination of the two
- Saute onions, mushrooms and tempeh in a large pan until onions are soft.
- Add peas and carrots.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except mashed potatoes.
- Pour mixture into the vegetable mixture, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a baking dish and spread the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.