January 11, 2014
Quick and Easy Creamy Tomato Soup (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
Categories : Soup
Quick and Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz (I prefer fire roasted.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil Or 1 tsp dried.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Combine the cashews and 1 cup of the vegetable broth in a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Spoon tomato paste into a large saucepan.
- Slowly pour in remaining vegetable broth while whisking constantly.
- Add diced tomatoes and basil and heat over medium heat.
- Whisk in cashew cream and continue whisking until heated through.