Pumpkin Bread (Vegan and Oil Free)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
For the Icing (optional):
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2.Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 3.Whisk together all wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- 4.Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and fold until blended. The consistency of canned pumpkin varies, so if the batter is too thick, add 2 tbsp more water. Add raisins and/or nuts, if desired.
- 5.Pour batter into a loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans lined with parchment paper.
- 6.Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 7.Let cool.
- 8.For optional icing, combine cashews, water, and date sugar in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- 9.Chill until firm.