Pumpkin Bread (Vegan and Oil Free)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup date syrup
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and fold until blended. Add raisins and/or nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes for one large loaf or 30 minutes for 4 mini loaves, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan, and let cool completely.