Pumpkin Pie Balls
Servings 30 balls
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup date sugar Coconut sugar may work, but I haven't tried it. Do not use cane sugar.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine dates, pumpkin puree, and milled flax seed in a blender and process until smooth.If you blender is not a high speed blender and/or your dates are dry and stiff, it helps to blend a little and let the mixture sit for 20-30 to let the dates soften, then blend until smooth.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture into a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.The mixture should be very moist, but it shouldn't stick to your hands.If the mixture is too dry, add a little water. If it is too wet, add more almond flour. Do not add more coconut flour. The resulting texture will be spongy.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the date sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls (I like to use a small ice cream scoop.) and roll around in the date sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Store in the refrigerator.