October 16, 2020
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can pumpkin 15 oz
- 1 cup date syrup Click here for recipe.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup dried cranberries optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or other nut optional
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine milled flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the flax seed mixture and remaining wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined.
- Add dried cranberries, nuts, and/or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Scoop batter into 12 lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until slightly firm and golden brown.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.