Pumpkin Bread Pudding (Vegan and Oil Free)
- 1 lb stale whole grain bread cubed (about half a loaf)
- 1/2 cup raisins or cacao nibs
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 can pumpkin 15 oz
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place bread cubes in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins or cacao nibs.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over bread cubes.
- Cover with foil and let sit for one hour. (It can also be refrigerated and baked the next day.)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking dish in a large roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with water until the baking dish is half submerged.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.