Potatoes and Spinach Au Gratin (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
- 4 large or 8 small Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced (I use a mandoline)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb bag of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 small roasted red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine potatoes, onions, and spinach in a large bowl.
Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes, or until completely smooth, and stir into potato mixture.
Pour the mixture into a large baking dish and bake for 30 minutes covered, then 30 uncovered.