Posole / Pozole
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can diced chiles 4 oz
- 2 cups dried white corn posole hominy, soaked overnight (or 2 large cans posole (hominy), drained)
- 2 cups of your favorite beans or 8 oz soy curls or tempeh
- 2 tablespoons New Mexico red chile powder
- 1 tablespoon Ancho chile powder or less if you don't want it spicy
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small cabbage shredded
- finely chopped onion
- julienne radish
- lime wedges
- diced tomatoes
- diced avocado
- chile piquin red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients, except cabbage and garnishes, in an Instant Pot, slow cooker, or large stock pot.
- If using an Instant Pot, set on manual for 2 hours, NPR. If not, cook over low heat for 6-8 hours, adding additional water, as needed.
- Add cabbage and heat through, adjusting seasoning as necessary.
- Serve with optional garnishes.