Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Vegan and Oil Free)
- 1 can crushed pineapple 20 oz
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 7 pineapple rings
- 7 pitted cherries optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 9" round baking dish with pineapple rings. Place a cherry in the middle of each ring, if desired.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter over the pineapple rings.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.