May 10, 2013
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan and Oil Free)
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Servings 2 dozen
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed combined with 6 tbsp water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients. Blend well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, just until blended.
- Place spoonfuls onto a baking sheet with a small ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) and flatten with your hand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
I think these taste a lot like Do Si Dos Girl Scout Cookies. You can easily turn them into sandwich cookies by combining some peanut butter and powdered sugar for the filling. The addition of cocoa powder makes them taste like chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips, but these are much healthier! Note: additional milk may be required, if the batter gets too thick.