Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Servings 2 dozen
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed combined with 6 tbsp water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients and sugar. Blend well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture, just until blended.
- Place spoonfuls onto a baking sheet with a small ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) and flatten with your hand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
I think these taste a lot like Do Si Dos Girl Scout Cookies. You can easily turn them into sandwich cookies by combining some peanut butter and powdered sugar for the filling. The addition of cocoa powder makes them taste like chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips, but these are much healthier!