Note: Photo depicts double batch.
Fruit Cobbler (Vegan and Oil Free)
- 4 cups fresh or frozen fruit chunks peaches, berries, cherries, etc.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking dish with the fruit and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients and then stir together until just mixed.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the fruit and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm.