Oven-Fried Artichoke Hearts
Gluten Free, Oil Free, Vegan
Appetizer, Snack, Starter
This cooking method works well with zucchini, too!
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup whole wheatbread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan substitute (http://veganmilitarywife.com/parmesan-substitute-vegan-gluten-free-and-oil-free/)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Creole seasoning or cayenne
I made two simple dipping sauces. The first was just some tofu mayo and srichacha mixed together. The other was tofu mayo, a little lemon juice, minced garlic, capers, paprika, and salt and pepper. I didn't measure anything...just went by taste.
This recipe can also been used with zucchini, mushrooms, or other veggies. Have fun with it!
||Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. |
||Grab 2 bowls. |
||Pour the non-dairy milk into the first bowl. |
||In the other bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan substitute, black pepper (and spice, if desired). |
||Dip each artichoke quarter in the milk and then in the breadcrumb mixture, one or two at a time, and place on a baking sheet. |
||When all of the artichoke pieces have been coated, bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. |
||Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. |