I made two simple dipping sauces. The first was just some tofu mayo and sriracha mixed together. The other was tofu mayo, a little lemon juice, minced garlic, capers, paprika, and pepper. I didn’t measure anything…just went by taste.
This recipe can also been used with zucchini, mushrooms, or other veggies. Have fun with it!
Oven-Fried Artichoke Hearts (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan substitute
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Creole seasoning or cayenne optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grab 2 bowls.
- Pour the non-dairy milk into the first bowl.
- In the other bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan substitute, black pepper (and spice, if desired).
- Dip each artichoke quarter in the milk and then in the breadcrumb mixture, one or two at a time, and place on a baking sheet.
- When all of the artichoke pieces have been coated, bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.