Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 chopped nuts I prefer pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut flakes optional
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine milled flax seed and water and set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients, including raisins, nuts, and coconut, if including.
- Add flax seed mixture, applesauce, and vinegar.
- Stir until until just mixed.
- Spoon muffin batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.