August 26, 2018
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins (Vegan, Oil-Free, and Gluten-Free)
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 chopped nuts I prefer pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine milled flax seed and water and set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Combine the flax seed mixture, non-dairy milk, applesauce, and vinegar.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until until just mixed.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Spoon muffin batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.