Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings 3 dozen
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut/seed butter
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or walnuts optional
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl, until smooth. (I use a KitchenAid mixer.)
- Add remaining ingredients. Let sit.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spoon batter onto baking sheet about 2 tbsp at a time. (I use a small ice cream scoop.)
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.