Not Fried Rice (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 1 quart vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 lb bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 package extra firm tofu drained
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, broth or water, tamari, and onions, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and let simmer for 40-50 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, crumble tofu and add nutritional yeast and spices. Stir until well blended.
- Turn off heat, add rice mixture and green onions, if desired, and stir until combined. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.