September 5, 2013
Noodle Kugel (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
- 16 oz package whole wheat or GF noodles or pasta
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 12 oz package silken tofu
- 2/3 cup date syrup or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients, except lemon zest and raisins, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cooked pasta, lemon zest, and raisins in a large baking dish.
- Pour liquid mixture over the pasta and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving.