- 8 oz mushrooms finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or other thickener
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp red miso mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients, except mushrooms, in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in a large pan.
- Add liquid mixture, stirring constantly.
- Over medium low heat, whisk gently and bring to a simmer, until thick and bubbly.