October 24, 2013
Minestrone (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
Categories : Soup
Servings 6 -8
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28 oz
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat or GF macaroni or other small pasta
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash diced
- 8 oz mushrooms diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried
- 1 sprig oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil If using fresh, don't add until right before serving.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped kale spinach, or chard (I prefer kale, but use whatever you have.)
- Splash red wine vinegar If your canned tomatoes don't have a lot of taste., optional
- 2-4 cups water As needed, if it gets too thick., optional
- Combine all ingredients, except kale (or spinach or chard) in an Instant Pot or other pressure cooker.
- Set to manual low pressure for 0 minutes, quick pressure release after 10 minutes.
- Remove herb stems and bay leaves, stir in the kale (or spinach or chard), and add vinegar, if desired.
- Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a stock pot on the stove.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until pasta is done, about 1/2 an hour.