- 1 block extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 4 mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1 to mato diced (optional)
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- corn tortillas
- fat-free refried beans I prefer black beans
- Crumble tofu with your hands in a medium sized bowl.
- Add seasonings and blend well with tofu. Set aside.
- Saute onions, peppers (and mushroom, if including) over medium heat until soft.
- Lower heat to medium low and add tofu mixture. Cook until heated through.
- Add tomatoes and spinach, if desired, until just heated through.
- Serve topped with cashew sour cream, avocado, fresh salsa, and Cholula, or other hot sauce, if desired. Migas are traditionally served with a side of refried beans and tortillas.