Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb whole wheat or gluten free macaroni
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 box silken tofu or 1 cup pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup miso
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- black pepper to taste
- favorite vegetables (partially cooked) optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni until al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Put macaroni into a baking dish and stir in the sauce. Add chopped broccoli, kale, or other veggies, if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.