Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
- 1 lb whole wheat or gluten free macaroni
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 box silken tofu
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni until al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Put macaroni into a baking dish and stir in the sauce. Add chopped broccoli, kale, or other veggies, if desired. Top with whole wheat or gluten free bread crumbs, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.