Also makes great burger patties!
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans mashed
- 1 cup cooked black beans mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried whole grain bread crumbs or 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce optional
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms. Saute until onions are soft. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except 1/4 cup ketchup or BBQ sauce, in a large mixing bowl. Add the sauteed vegetables. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into a metal loaf pan and press to form a loaf. Cover with ketchup or BBQ sauce, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.