- 8 oz whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 jars fat free pasta sauce
- 1 16 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 14 oz package extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
Saute mushrooms in a frying pan, with a little water if necessary, until soft and they have released all of their liquid. Set aside.
In a food processor, mix the tofu, vinegar, basil leaves, salt, garlic, and tahini, until smooth. Add frozen spinach (no need to thaw) and pulse until well mixed.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile, pour 1 cup of pasta sauce into bottom of 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer half the noodles on top. (No need to pre-cook.) Layer half the tofu mixture. Top with half of the mushrooms. Repeat the layers, ending with the sauce on top.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes, or until bubbly.
Top with Parmesan Substitute, if desired.