Kung Pao Tofu
- 1 package extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot cut in half and sliced thin on a bias
- 1 stalk celery sliced on a bias
- 1 head broccoli cut up
- 1/2 lb mushrooms quartered
- 4 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- cooked brown rice
For the Sauce:
- 3/4 cups hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cups reduced sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon date sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Dice tofu and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn, then bake another 20 minutes. Or air fry for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your veggies and make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat a wok or other large heavy bottom pan over high heat.
- Add all veggies, except green onions, and saute until tender crisp.
- Add tofu, peanuts, green onions, and sauce.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.