Perfect for football season or just because!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 poppers
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp smoked salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro optional
- 6 large jalapenos
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or favorite gluten free flour
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs or gluten free bread crumbs
- Combine all filling ingredients, except cilantro, if using, in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan. Constantly whisk over medium heat, until thick and bubbly.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice each jalapeno lengthwise and remove all seeds and veins.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir the chopped cilantro, if using, into the cheese sauce, then spoon the filling into each jalapeno half.
- Place the non-dairy milk or water, flour, and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno into the non-dairy milk or water, then the flour, then the non-dairy milk or water again, the finally into the bread crumbs to coat.
- Place the coated jalapeno poppers on a silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes for serving.