- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or cornmeal for GF
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup date sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 jalapeno minced, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix together wet ingredients and flax seed in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined 9x9 baking dish or a 12-muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes if in a baking dish or 15 minutes for muffins.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
For use in stuffing: omit sweetener and increase non-dairy milk or water to 1 cup.