Herbed Potato and Summer Squash Tart (Vegan, Gluten Free, and Oil Free)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour or GF flour
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each fresh parsley rosemary, sage, and thyme, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 Yukon Gold or red potatoes thinly sliced
- 4-6 summer squash thinly sliced
- Combine all ingredients, except potato and squash slices, in a bowl and mix well.
- In a 9" cake pan, make a layer of potatoes, overlapping slightly. Follow with a layer of squash, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the nutritional yeast mixture. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover tart with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.