March 24, 2016
Hamantaschen (WFPB, Plant-Based,Vegan, and Oil Free)
Categories : Dessert
Celebrate Purim with these tasty treats!
Servings 2 dozen
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried orange zest optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt or soy milk mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir into dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. With a 3" round cookie cutter or inverted glass, cut into rounds.
- Fill with 1 tsp of your favorite filling. I prefer raspberry jam, apricot jam, chocolate hazelnut, prune and poppy seed, and/or date nut.
- Fold edges of dough toward the center to form a triangle, leaving some of the filling visible, and pinch the corner seams together to seal.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack.