Green Bean Casserole
- 1 lb frozen green beans thawed (Or use fresh, but you will need to partially cook them first.)
- 8 oz mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or other thickener
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place green beans in a baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in a sauce pan, until onions are soft. Add garlic.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into onions and mushrooms, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until thick and bubbly.
- Pour mixture into green beans and stir to combine.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.