November 29, 2013
Grandma’s Fruit Salad Made Healthier (Vegan, Oil Free, and Gluten Free)
Categories : Salad
My grandmother’s original recipe called for marshmallows, butter, eggs, and cream. This is a much healthier version with all the flavor!
Grandma’s Fruit Salad Made Healthier
- 2 apples diced
- 1 can pineapple chunks drained
- 6 oranges supremed (sectioned)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can coconut milk Unshaken and refrigerated for at least 24 hours.
- 2 tablespoons date sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Combine fruit in a mixing bowl and refrigerate.
- Remove solid coconut cream and put in a mixing bowl. Discard remaining liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients, except nuts, and whip with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- When ready to serve, pour off any liquid from fruit and stir in nuts and whipped cream mixture.