August 23, 2017
Fig Snack Cake (Vegan and Oil Free)
Fig Snack Cake
- 16 fresh figs or dried figs, soaked, stems removed
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 2 tbsp milled flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place figs, non-dairy milk or water, extracts, and flax seed in a blender and process until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in fig mixture.
- Spoon batter into a parchment paper lined 9" round cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let sit 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.