Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 medium potato or sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 30 minutes, if you don't have a high speed blender
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and potato to a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute until vegetables start to soften.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cashews and water.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, combine cashews and water in a blender and blend until smooth. Use 1/2 cup each for a thinner soup or a cup each for a thick soup.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender (in batches) to puree the soup.
- Add the cashew cream and heat through until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve with a nice hearty whole grain bread and a green salad, if desired. Enjoy!